Need tree care advice in the Sacramento area? Call an Arborist! An arborist is a professional who specializes in the care and maintenance of trees. Arborists are responsible for diagnosing and treating tree diseases, assessing the structural integrity of trees, and providing advice on how to best maintain the health of a tree. They may also be called upon to remove trees that are damaged or pose a safety hazard. Keep reading to learn what an arborist is and when you should call them for help!
What is an Arborist?
Arborists are certified by the International Society of Arboriculture. In order to become certified, arborists must pass an examination that tests their knowledge of tree care and safety. Once an arborist is certified, they must maintain their certification by completing continuing education courses.
Arborists are experts in the care and maintenance of trees. To become an arborist, you must have a passion for trees and the environment. You should also be physically fit, as the job requires a lot of manual labor. As an arborist, you will need to have knowledge of tree biology and be able to identify different types of trees. You must also be able to use various tools and equipment, such as chainsaws and stump grinders. In addition, you will need to be able to climb trees and work in confined spaces.
An arborist’s job duties can vary depending on the employer. However, most arborists are responsible for diagnosing and treating tree diseases, assessing the structural integrity of trees, and providing advice on how to best maintain the health of a tree. They may also be called upon to remove trees that are damaged or pose a safety hazard.
When should I call an Arborist?
Arborists are experts on all things tree care. Here are some of the most common services arborists provide:
- Planting new trees. Arborists can help you choose the right tree for your yard space and provide guidance on how to properly care for it. Planting a tree is a big investment, so you want to make sure you do it right!
- Removing dead trees. Whether a tree has blown over or is dying and posing a threat to its surroundings, an arborist can make sure the job of removing the tree is done safely and effectively.
- Tree maintenance. This includes assessing the structural strength of your trees, pruning and timing branches to ensure your tree remains healthy.
- Diagnosing problems with your trees. Diseases and pests can kill your trees, no matter how large they are. Some common types of pests that damage trees in the Sacramento area are aphids, bark beetles, and scale insects. Similarly, there are many different diseases that can affect trees, some of the most common are Dutch elm disease, oak wilt, and verticillium wilt. If you suspect that your tree is sick, call an arborist to help diagnose the problem.
- Offering tree care advice. Wondering how to keep your trees as healthy as possible? Arborists will consult with you about how to care for your trees and keep them healthy for years to come.
Looking for help keeping your trees healthy in the Sacramento area?
If you have a problem with your trees, an arborist can help you find a solution! Call Tree Care Incorporated for any of your tree needs!