Maintaining trees properly can be a time consuming task. Taking care of them requires knowledge, patience, skill – as well as vigilance in order to prevent any serious problems from affecting your trees’ health and safety. While doing this work yourself can be rewarding and cost-effective, there are some aspects of tree care which simply require the expertise of trained professionals. If you’re ever unsure about what steps to take next for your landscape’s greenery, it may be time to call an arborist. An arborist’s main goal is to keep your trees healthy and strong. Arborists specialize in all things related to tree management: pruning, transplanting, planting advice, pest control – you name it! Here are 5 situations that should prompt you to reach out for assistance from an experienced arborist:
- Planting: Planting a new tree or shrub can be an exciting and rewarding endeavor, but it is important to ensure that the job is done correctly in order to maximize the health of the plant for many years to come. Planting is also a way to add value to the landscaping and environmental health of your property. An arborist can help you choose the right species for your area, prepare the soil correctly and provide sound advice about planting techniques. Additionally, an arborist can advice on the best place to plant your tree to ensure that it does not compete with other structures.
- Pruning: Regular pruning is often necessary to maintain the health and structure of trees and shrubs, as well as remove any dead or damaged branches. An arborist can provide professional guidance on how and when to prune your trees for optimal growth, helping you to properly care for your trees and shrubs. Additionally, pruning fruit trees can ensure that your enjoy a bountiful harvest the following year.
- Disease & Pest Control: Tree diseases can be a major problem, resulting in significant damage to the tree and its surrounding environment. An arborist is trained to diagnose tree diseases and recommend treatments or other preventative measures. Diseases are not the only things that can damage your trees, pests also present a threat to trees. Beetles, scale insects, and other pests can cause significant damage to trees, and may even kill them if left unchecked. An arborist can identify diseases and pests and develop an action plan to safely manage them.
- Hazard Evaluation: Trees that are overgrown, damaged by disease or insect infestation, or located in an area with high winds can present a hazard to people and property. An arborist can assess the risk of these hazardous trees and recommend options for removal or treatment. Trees can be damaged by things like storm damage, high winds and lightning in addition to pests and disease, so it’s important to keep an eye out for any damage before it becomes a hazard. Soil is also an important factor to keeping your trees healthy. The types of soil used and water drainage is important for roots to get the nutrients they need. A professional arborist can help identify these issues and help avoid a hazardous situation.
- Tree Removal: In some cases, tree removal is necessary due to disease, damage or safety concerns. An arborist can provide professional guidance about the best way to remove a tree in order to minimize any damage to surrounding plants or property. They can also advise on proper disposal of the tree, helping you to avoid any potential legal issues.
Call the professional arborists at Tree Care Incorporated in Sacramento, Roseville and the surrounding areas
No matter what your tree care needs are, the professional arborists at Tree Care Incorporated in Sacramento and Roseville can help you make the best decisions for your trees. Calling an arborist when you have any concerns about your trees can help to ensure their long-term health and beauty for years to come. Good luck with your tree care endeavors!